четверг, 30 апреля 2015 г.

Google Summer of Code 2015

Hi everybody,
I'm glad to announce, that GSOC2015 started and I'm in the game! I'll be developing tools for Hibernate-Search project.
During the upcoming summer I'm going to tell you about my progress here and in JBoss space, and also provide some tutorials about Hibernate Search.
You can find an abstract of my proposal here: https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2015/bdshadow/5676830073815040
If you really miss somthing while working with Hibernate Search you're welcome to discuss it !
Beneath I'll provide some details from my proposal.



What tools do we want?

Hibernate Search combines the power of Hibernate and Apache Lucene. It is aimed to help Lucene to work with object domain models and keep index up to date. So a standard tool to inspect Lucene index, Luke, can be used. However, doing this, we miss important Hibernate Search features, like custom Analyzers or custom Bridges.

Also problems appear with Luke if you use an Infinispan configuration. So a tool that manages it would be very useful.

Furthermore, it can be helpful to have a tool which allows quick experimentation with full-text queries.

How can it be implemented?

JBoss tools include a powerful Hibernate tool; however, it doesn’t have anything from Hibernate Search. So the first variant I think about is to extend this project with feature mentioned above.

Another variant is to extend hibernate-search application and provide a convenient implementation of the tools, which can be used, for example, while debugging.

One more approach is to create a separate application (like Luke for Hibernate Search).

Schedule of Deliverables

I'm planning to devote 4 to 5 hours each day in the GSOC period to this project on average. I'm certainly willing to make more efforts if the project is behind schedule.

The final deliverables would consist of:
  • A number of tools as Eclipse plugins and/or separate application and/or extensions of Hibernate Search project 
  • Documentation and tutorials for the tools.

0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий